Friday 30 November 2012

November 28/29th. Maui vacation winds down.

November 28th
We drove up the North side past Kapaula to Honolua Bay. This part of the island is a natural preserve so it was a little isolated. I dropped Mary off at D.T. Fleming Beach Park. She just wanted to hang out on the lovely sandy beach. There were surfers and boogy boarders enjoying the meter high waves. There was a strong undertow so you had to be careful going in and out of the water.
It took the car and drove about two kilometres up the road to Honolua Bay. You have to park off the main road or you will get tagged and towed. After walked down a sand and rock strewn path I arrived at this protected bay. For the next hour and a half I enjoyed what I considered the best snorkelling of the trip. There were few people in the water and the bay was sheltered making for great conditions. I had bought an underwater (Nikon Coolpix AW 100 ) which got a good workout. I still cannot download the manual because of the wonky Internet in our condo.

No comments:

Post a Comment